Doing the rounds on the blogosphere is the The Next Big Thing Blog Hop –
What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them. Authors are asked to respond to the ten questions below on what they are currently writing, and then tag more writers and ask them to participate.
Here are my answers:
1. What is your working title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Sometimes I feel beset by dread. I want my character to be beset by dread. Then I will feel better. The panacea of fictional Schadenfreude.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Aah, jeez. Comedic literary fiction? Is that even a genre?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
A very young John Malkovich.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Meyer is filled with dread, believing the sky is about to fall on his head – and then it does.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Picador Africa, 2014
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
6 months, then spit and polish for another 6 months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Anything by Mordecai Richler
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Existential angst of the humorous kind. Which is kind of an oxymoron, but fiction is forgiving in these matters.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Ever had a really, really bad few days? Weeks, months, life?